Loughry Legacy Soiree
Fern Creek/Highview United Ministries is celebrating 30 years of fighting hunger, preventing homelessness, caring for the elderly, and stabilizing lives. Through our ministry we annually provide:
- an average of 4,000 families with food;
- over 600 families with rent or utility assistance;
- over 800 students with “Back to School Supplies” and Christmas for children;
- over 4,000 hours of nursing activity and personal care for frail older adults; and
- over 2,400 hot lunches through our Meals on Wheels program.
During this 30th anniversary year, we are also celebrating the retirement of our Executive Director, Ron Loughry. As part of this celebration and to support our Legacy Fund, we are hosting the Loughry Legacy Soiree, with music provided by The Monarchs. This business attire event offers a buffet dinner, dance and a cash bar.
Investing to Serve: Legacy of Caring
With the development of a $250,000 restricted Legacy Fund, FCHUM will be able to secure and sustain the operations of our facility in perpetuity. At that level, monthly dividends would pay the monthly costs of operating the facility, paying the utilities, and all those items involved in operating the physical plant. Because of the Legacy Fund, in the future, FCHUM will just need to raise funds for operating our programs serving our neighbors.
We invite you to be part of this important ministry and celebration by becoming a sponsor of the Loughry Legacy Soiree:
- 30th Anniversary Sponsor: $3,000
- Retirement Table Sponsor: $1,000
- Legacy Sponsor: $500
We sincerely appreciate the generosity of:
- Event Sponsor – Passport Health Plan
- Entertainment Sponsor – Owen Funeral Homes
- Media Sponsor – Today’s Media
- Video sponsor – Digital Promotions/Crossroads Missions
Please let us know how you will be involved in this event to secure a brighter future for Fern Creek/Highview United Ministries. Call Lynn Humphrey at 502-762-9608 or contact us here for more information.
Save the Date
Loughry Legacy Soiree
Friday, 6:30 p.m. – 10 p.m.
October 26, 2018 at the Wildwood Country Club in Fern Creek
$50 ticket (tax included) covers dinner and dance, advance tickets only. Sponsorships also available. Contact 762-9608.